Have you come across progressive jackpot slots online yet? If not, you’re missing a trick that could potentially win you a hefty hunk of cash! Don’t worry, though – we’ve got all the info you need to know.
Where to find the best progressive jackpot slots
Big Tease doesn’t just offer progressive jackpot slots – it has loads of other slots, too. Add in some bingo games, not to mention casino games, and you’ve got the perfect mix.
Cheers! Wouldn’t it be nice to celebrate a big win here? Lots of slots are available, including the ever-popular progressive version of Fluffy Favourites.
Get £5 free when you join, and be in with a chance of winning a slice of the millions that are given away each month.
What is a progressive jackpot slot?
This is an additional jackpot offered on top of the big prizes shown in the slot’s paytable. Here are the facts:
- A percentage of every bet goes into a separate pot
- As more bets are placed, the jackpot grows
- Someone wins it as soon as the relevant conditions are met (more about this in a moment)
What about flat top jackpots?
Ever heard of these? Here’s the lowdown:
- They’ve standalone, i.e. one slot, one site, one jackpot
- The jackpot isn’t linked with other sites that have the same game
- The jackpot amount is usually much lower than for other progressive pots
- It often pays out more frequently
So, there are key differences between the two.
Standalone vs network progressive jackpot slots
What’s the difference? Let’s take a look:
- Standalone – one site will offer a jackpot on that site only
- Network – a network of associated sites that all have the same game will combine to provide one big progressive jackpot between them
Pros of each jackpot type
- A standalone jackpot is only available to win for players who take part on that one site – that means less competition for the prize
- A network jackpot has more players across more sites, hence the prize can go much higher
Cons of each jackpot type
- Expect a smaller jackpot for a standalone game
- With potentially hundreds or even thousands of players over several sites for a networked jackpot, you’ve got a lot more competition for that pot
Can I play with bonus funds or free spins?
Possibly – but do read the T&Cs for each individual game prior to doing this. Some games allow it, some don’t.
- You must be playing with real funds; the jackpot won’t trigger in a demo game
- Free spins, bonus money, and similar elements may have wagering requirements attached
- If so, you could win the jackpot and be required to wager that amount several times over before receiving it – not good!
Does it matter how much I bet?
It may do. Some slots require you to place the maximum bet to be in with a shot at the jackpot. Others require you to cover all the lines, no matter what bet size you use.
Our golden rule: Always check betting requirements for progressive slot jackpots
That way, you won’t be disappointed.
When will the jackpot drop?
It’s usually impossible to tell. Even if the paytable tells you what you must do to trigger it, you must still achieve that to scoop the pot. There are several ways progressive slot jackpots can pay out:
- Entirely at random
- Specific combo of symbols
- When it hits a certain level, i.e. £20,000, for example
How does RTP affect winnings?
RTP is short for return to player. The longer you play, the more accurate the percentage is likely to be. Some games, such as Fluffy Favourites, have two versions – one with a progressive pot and one without.
Here are the different RTPs for the game:
- Normal Fluffy Favourites RTP – 95%
- Progressive jackpot Fluffy Favourites RTP – 89.9%
Progressive slots must allocate a small part of every bet for that pot. That means there is less money to pay out for other prizes. So, if you play a slot with a progressive prize, there will be a lower RTP for the rest of the game’s prizes.
Are there Ts and Cs to think about?
Yes. Consider these:
- If you won, would the prize be paid wholly or in instalments?
- Are there withdrawal limits that mean you can’t get your hands on all the money?
- Would you be required to take part in publicity?
- What do you need to bet to have a shot at winning? (Sometimes a max bet is required to give you a chance of winning the big prize.)
Get to grips with some super progressive jackpot slots now!
Are you ready? Have a shot at playing some superb slots that could change your life!